Friday, May 30, 2008

Today I was awaken from a wonderful dream by the oddest sounding rain. You know how when you first start to wake up your brain and reality doesn't always meet. So the sound of the weird rain and the very heavy walking squirrels really made my mine wander or as another blogger said pondered what in the world was going on. I slowly open my eyes to a room filled with sunshine and the sounds of rain. Now how can that be? Sunshine and rain? And what was up with those darn squirrels, didn't they know I was trying to sleep. It is bad enough that they play tag on the roof on a regular basics.I have a metal roof so the sound can be a little loud. I had to get to the bottom of this mystery. I called out sweetly ( okay! maybe not so sweet) to my DH. I heard a far away voice that sounded like it was up on the roof with the squirrels answer me. I asked him in my best worried wife voice "where was he and what was he doing?" To to my great embarrassment he answered "I'm on the roof cleaning the gutters" All I can say is that he is the loudest darn squirrel I have ever heard. And that my story and I'm sticking to it. hehehe So until we meet again. From me and my clean gutters to you. ~~smiles~~




3 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Sounds like a good story to me! LOL

hugs, Linda

Celestina Marie said...

Great Story! The squirrles run and play on our roof too, right over our bedroom. They start early in the morning jumping off the trees. Not one ever cleaned our gutters!~ LOL!! You have a dear hubby!
Have a great evening.
hugs,
Celestina, la rea rose

Paul Sears said...

Now that's funny! My parents live in Iowa, and in their local paper every Sunday there's a full-page ad for gutter cleaning service. And their mascot is - you guessed it - a squirrel. Every week they use photoshop to "dress him up" differently for the ad.