Thursday, May 15, 2008


I spent all day yesterday with my daughter, son and my two grand daughters. It is not as simple as it sounds. My dear daughter lives about 45 miles away from us in the middle of nowhere; and she doesn't drive. So to go out with her and the girls that means that I have to drive all the way out to the end of the world, load up the cars seats and all the bags that go with taking little children any where, and then drive back to where there are stores. Then we must do this again on the way back.
Any time that we go out, I let my oldest grand daughter Miss Ginny pick where we will go out to lunch..she picked Chinese food. She and her sister Miss Keria both love the lo-main noodles and the sweet and sour chicken, but it can get a little messing, as you mothers well know!! I make sure that we have the day planned all out because with the price of gas I don't want to drive around and around. The last place that we always go is Wal-Mart. I think that my children think that I should live there. We also buy our food last because I don't want it sitting in the car, it is bad enough that we have the long drive back to her house.
I must say that with all that we have to do to go out I really enjoy having the day with my children and grand children..It is days like yesterday with all it bumps and hurdles that make being a mother special... until we meet again ~~smiles~~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to spend a nice day with your family! So sweet of you to let your granddaughter pick lunch! I bet she loves that :) I know just what you mean about all the bags! With five young boys, their is hardly room in the car for us, lolol!

Hugs,
Amy

Celestina Marie said...

You are a very special Mother! What a wonderful day filled with many memories. Sounds like a full day, but a great one!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Despite the long drive, it sounds like the perfect day! hugs, Linda