Friday, May 9, 2008




They say that April showers bring May flowers. But what does May showers bring? There has been so much rain around here I'm beginning to quack. Yesterday the weather so bad here in VA. There was flash flooding and tornadoes. This kind of weather has been going on for several weeks now. So today I decided that I would try and work on the outside, my garden, that looked like the picture on the left last year, on looks like the storm landed on it. Plus my DH has wood every where. Every time he goes to do anything with the wood it rains and the plan go to the dogs. Well may in June it will be a little drier and I'll get all my projects done. One project that I want to really get done is some canning. I have been visiting other blogs and it seems that a lot of Ladies are in the same mine frame. I'm enjoying all the recipes that I have read. Linda over at lbp sews had a wonderful recipe for watermelon rink preserves; and I'm looking for a recipe for applesauce that doesn't use a lot of sugar, so ladies if anyone has one please send it over. Until we meet again ~~smiles~~

2 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

I hope your June brings some better weather to help your garden. The picture from last year is so pretty. I am sure it will be just as lovely this season with all the rain to help it along. I will look for an applesauce recipe and post to you if I have one. Have a great weekend and happy gardening!
hugs,
Celestina.
la rea rose

Unknown said...

Hi Katie! I hope your rain ends soon! I cant stand it when it rains a lot. I get depressed. It has been a very cold May here in Michigan so far. I am ready for some heat, lol!

Have a beautiful weekend!
Hugs,
Amy