Saturday, May 10, 2008


The weather is still not the best so I am staying inside. Not that there are not a million things to do, but I have decide that making bread is the thing to do today. This came about because my DH came home at the beginning of the week with three (count them) three bunches of bananas, mind you we love bananas, but how can three people eat that many bananas. So it looks like banana bread for us. I think that I have enough for four loafs, and I'm looking forward to have some fresh, warm bread.
Another thing I'll be doing during my spring clean is to go though my food storage and checking dates and starting a list of what needs to be filled. With the price of gas being what it is and going up fast, we need to keep our stores up. I hate to think what some of these things will start to cost. I still remember when you had a hard time getting sugar and coffee (not that I drink it), and it looks like it may be like that again...that's why canning is going to be a biggie for me this year.
Well, I need to go chop up the walnuts for the bread and get the rest started so until we meet again ~~smiles~~

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Yum! I can smell the banana bread all the way over here!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Oh what is more comforting than a warm piece of banana bread with butter! YUMMY! Such comfort food!

I hope you are having a beautiful Mothers Day Katie!

Love ya,
Amy