Saturday, February 16, 2008

A peaceful Saturday


I'm setting all alone in a peaceful house. This is an usual happening, because by now on most days the dog wants to go for a walk, my husband is making lots of noise doing men-things and my son is using the computer for what ever reason. BUT...today, my husband had to work because we had snow on the 13th, so no work on the 14th...the dog is feeling down because daddy is not here and mommy walks to slow...hehehe....and dear son who was so kind to help watch my youngest grand daughter for three days so that big sis could get her eyes fixed...is now sleeping like the dead...and well the cat is always too good to keep just anyone company. So I'm now cleaning and trying to see how I will decorate for spring and Easter. Three of my favorite things are bunnies, hummingbirds and flowers, so I don't think I'll have much trouble finding something to use. This year (this week) I plan to make window-treatments for the living room and dinning room. I plan to redo each of the rooms together because you can see each from the other room. So a little bit Victorian, a bit of English country, and a little of the romantic look. My colors are pink, green, and cream...so any ideas just sent them over. Until we meet again ~~smiles~~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, this sounds nice, and your illustration of the woman sitting so peaceful is perfect for your post. I love those quiet days, and I have a noisy husband too, I didn't realize it was just man school, I thought it was only my husband. Your blog is lovely, and bunnies, hummingbirds and flowers are mine too, with a bluebird added to the mix. Have a lovely weekend. Blessings, Karen

Timaree said...

My daughter loves the same colors and styles as you do. I though, love bright colors and all of them at once with a clean, modern style. My husband doesn't like my style either; he would prefer yours over mine but he's really in between. So, our house has no style. My daughter, with a husband who does not like green, settled for pink, white and blue.
You are lucky to get to use your style.