Monday, August 31, 2009


We are having the best weather today. Even if it is still raining, it is cool. We have shut off the air and open some windows. Fall can come anytime now. This is the best time of the year. Nice days with cool nights. Cool enough that you have to use a quilt, but not so cold that you have to have four layers to keep you warm. I have started to bring all my fall quilts and decorating items out and putting all my spring and summer items away.

I live in an older house/cottage that needs lots of work, bu
t each year we pick one big thing to do just before fall. Last year it was putting up the carpet in the dinning room and do the floors and walls in there. DH was kind enough to do all the hard work while I did all the supervising. hehehe. This year we are doing the same in the living room as well as replacing the windows on the front of the house.

By the end of Sept. we will be in full Fall decor and adding our Halloween goodies to the mix. I'm also taking the time to look at other blog to see what great ideas they have. I so love all the Fall colors and all the wonderful decorating that people do during this time.


I'm now looking for a Fall background for my blog as well as fall topper. Any good ideas? Well I'm off to look for more ideas. Until we meet again ~~smiles~~

1 comment:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

You will have to show us pictures of your floor and walls when they are done! Our nights are cooler as well. Almost time for the flannel sheets! LOL