Thursday, October 4, 2007

Home from the Hospital

I'm home and very sore. The gallbladder surgery went fine but it took a lot out of me. It's like having a C-Section, and believe after now having both, I'm not to sure which one hurts the most.
Now on to more pleasant things. The house is starting to shape up nicely. We are trying to remodel around all the things that keep happening in our life. They say the Life is what happens while your busy making plans, this is the truest statement so far. We hope to get the front porch done before Halloween. My DH and DS are making it by using antique wood, it is old tongue and grove flooring from an almost 150 yrs. building. They are going to refinish it after they lay it down and than cover it with a clear sealant. I can't wait for it to be done. We are also replacing all the windows in the house starting with the ones in our son's room. They have taken the old window out and put a board up on it. My son wants to keep it that way and add some more boards across the opening to make the house look like a boarded up haunted house. I told him he had to get it past his father. I'll let you know how that works out. And I'll take pictures if we do it. Well until we meet again...~smiles~

No comments: